Learn to become a fee-earning SQL developer in just seven weeks.
This fast, easy and effective course will take you from zero sql writing skills to being able to make money as a SQL developer.
This one-stop-shot-style course will teach you everything you need to know, from learning various database concepts to writing SQL to interact with the database.
Throughout the course I will be using the below methodology to make you think and help in forming the SQL statement.
Manager asks you to give you a report containing total sales volume for January month by day and city
Questions in your mind to build your query
| Question || Answer |
| Give? || SELECT |
| What columns? || DAY, CITY |
| Summary? || SUM(VOLUME) |
| Preposition? || FROM |
| Which table contains sales orders data? || SALES |
| Filter? || WHERE SALES_DATE BETWEEN ’01-JAN-2015’ and ’31-JAN-2015’ |
| Grouping? || GROUP BY DAY, CITY |
Combine the above answers to form the below SQL
SELECT day, city, SUM(volume)
WHERE sales_date BETWEEN ’01-JAN-2015’ AND ’31-JAN-2015’
GROUP BY day, city;
In this course participants will learn
- Relational databases Concepts
- Retreiving Data from Database
- Filtering Data based on business requirements
- Creating Tables and modifying its structure
- Joining Data from various Tables
- Grouping Data and calculating summaries
- Enforcing Constraints on Tables
- Improving performance using Index
- and many more interesting things..
- Oracle Database 11g
- SQL Developer