Learn the importance of salary negotiation in this entertaining and informative intro course.
Negotiating your salary when going for a new job or a raise is a critical skill to make sure you get paid what you deserve, yet it is a topic that makes most everyone anxious.
Before you can master salary negotiation tips and tricks, you first have to be in the right mindset.
Using an easy-to-follow storytelling approach -- along with case studies, statistics, and the right amount of humor from Improv-trained actors -- this course will change the way you look at negotiation.
In just 30 minutes you will see:
- Two crucial goals for any negotiation
- Case studies of negotiations gone wrong
- The new reality for a post-recession economy
- What family, friends, and your boss WON'T tell you about negotiation
- Negotiation statistics and facts
- The HR perspective
- The light switch moment of negotiation success
- Bonus content: 5 Negotiation Mindset Tips for Your Job Search
Who this course is for:
This course is a crucial introduction for professionals interviewing for a new job, underpaid workers seeking a raise, new college grads -- anyone that is new to negotiation and is ready to learn more and earn what they deserve.
What are recommended next steps?
After getting in the proper mindset, see the following advanced courses for specific tips, tactics, and case studies:
- Salary Negotiation: How to Negotiate a Raise or Promotion
- Salary Negotiation: How To Negotiate a Job Offer (Student Edition)
- Salary Negotiation: How To Negotiate a Job Offer (Pro Edition)