About The Course
Selenium is used for automating Web Applications. In this course you will experience to work with Data Driven Framework and Keyword Driven Framework and perform Cross browser testing. Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium-Grid are covered during the course. You will learn to perform tests on multiple machines simultaneously running on different Operating Systems, integrate other frameworks like JUnit and TestNG with Selenium.
After the completion of ‘Testing With Selenium WebDriver’ Course, you should be able to :
1. Understand Selenium Architecture and its components
2. Work with Selenium RC
3. Execute Different Locator Techniques e.g by link, by text, by id, by css, by xpath etc.
4. Understand Selenium WebDriver/ Selenium 2.0
5. Perform Cross browser testing with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera
6. Use WebDriver advanced features e.g. taking screenshots, handling cookies and managing exceptions
7. Validate page content using Selenium WebDriver API
8. Create Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid test framework
9. Record and importing tests with Selenium IDE
10. Perform unit testing with JUnit
11. Apply Test Driven Development(TDD) approach
12. Code coverage report using Java Code Coverage(JaCoCo) to evaluate code execution
13. Perform distributed testing using Selenium GRID
14. Interact with images present on the web page with Sikuli
15. Write Test cases using TestNG
16. Automate windows applications with AutoIt
Who should go for this course?
Professionals from any domain can join the course as it does not require hard core programming knowledge. Selenium is a new and booming Technology in Software Industry that is widely accepted across all the industries. People with basic knowledge of Object Oriented Programming can easily take up this course.
Towards the end of the course you will be working on a Project where we will be automating a Web Application like Facebook/Twitter/Google+ or any government site to cover all the possible cases of interaction with application. Project will be Keyword Driven so that it should work as per user instructions. Test cases will be executed multiple times using Data Driven approach. Project will handle Textboxes, Links, Checkbox, Radio button, submit button, reset button, URL, Page Title, synchronization between pages when navigating from one page to another, taking screenshots of application for each of the validation of – verbose, textbox value, dynamic links, handling of dialog and alert box, fetching data from application. We will build this Project using Eclipse and Selenium WebDriver.
Why learn Selenium?
Selenium is an open source tool and covers all the scenarios what licensed tool like QTP, IBM RFT or other available tools in market can do. Performance, execution speed and browser interaction of Selenium is too fast than any other automation tool. Unattended execution can be achieved using Selenium Framework. Selenium supports different operating systems along with support for different programming languages and browsers, these features makes the Selenium ahead of any other Automation tool.